The Dominican Republic and Haiti share the island of Hispañiola. Hispañiola is the second largest island in the Caribbean after Cuba. However, while the two countries may share the same island, their cultures are vastly different.
G.O. Ministries supports pastors and Christian workers in the Dominican Republic. We have two major hubs of ministry, one in Santiago and one in Batey Nueve. Those hubs facilitate churches, medical clinics, dormitories for teams, sports outreach, ongoing training, nutrition centers, and Christian schools.
- Population: Nearly 8,800,000 (slightly more than twice the size of New Hampshire)
- Language: Spanish
- Government type: Representative Democracy
- Average annual income: $5,600 annually per household
- Industries: tourism, exporting sugar, coffee, tobacco
- Unemployment Rate: 15%
- Average life expectancy: 73 years
- Currency: the peso – fluctuates daily
- State Religion: Catholicism