G.O. Ministries supports several ministries mostly located in central and northeastern Haiti including seven pastors and churches, seven schools, a nutrition center, a doctor leading medical clinics, a counselor in Port-au-Prince following the earthquake, and a dormitory to house short-term teams in Phaeton.
G.O. also works cooperatively with several other mission organizations to help with the relief and restoration efforts in Haiti following the 2010 earthquake. For more information on those efforts, click here.
- Population: a little over 7,000,000
- Language: French & Creole
- Government type: Elected Government
- Status: Haiti is the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere
- Poverty: 80% live in abject poverty
- Average annual income: The average annual income per individual is $240
- Unemployment: 50% unemployment rate
- Average life span: under 50 years of age
- Mortality: 50% of children die by the age of 5 (most due to the effects of malnutrition or disease)
- Literacy: 80% of the population is illiterate
- State Religions: Voodoo and Catholicism.