Mongolia is the world's second-largest landlocked country after Kazakhstan. It is bordered by Russia to the north and China to the south. Mongolia's political system is parliamentary democracy. After the fall of communism in Mongolia in 1990, Mongolia adopted a new, democratic constitution which was ratified in 1992.
This officially marked the transition of Mongolia to a democratic country, making it one of the world's youngest democracies.
G.O. Ministries supports the efforts of missionary, John Koehler, in Mongolia.
Streams in the Desert
Finding Freedom, Making Wise Choices, Changing Lives
For men, Streams in the Desert is:
- Helping Mongolian Men find freedom from their bondage to Alcohol
- Helping Mongolian Men learn to make wise choices
- Helping Mongolian Men learn new skills
- Changing the lives of Mongolian men
For women, Streams in the Desert is:
- Helping Mongolian Ladies of the Night find freedom from prostitution
- Helping Mongolian Ladies of the Night realize a new life
- Helping Ladies of the Night learn a new business
- Changing the lives of Mongolian Ladies of the Night
For everyone, Streams in the Desert is:
- CARING for those for whom society has given up on
- CELEBRATING the goodness of God through "Christian parties"
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS through serving, caring and times together (our parties).
- TEACHING Celebrate Recovery Christian 12 step program
- SERVING the practical love of Jesus by sharing hot tea to cold Ladies of the Night
- TRAINING men and women in new ways of working
- PROCLAIMING the life changing good news of Jesus
- BELIEVING that Jesus can change anyone!